Are you having problems getting the VirtueMart Search Product module to work?
Want to show images of your products in the search results?
You’re not alone. There’s quite a number of forum posts out there on this topic.
To get the VirtueMart Search Product module working:
- Go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager
- From the Select Type drop down on the right, select Search
- Find Virtuemart Product and make sure it is published
- Next, go to Extensions -> Module Manager
- From the Select Type drop down on the right, select VirtueMart Search Product
- You should now see a VirtueMart module pop up. Open it, assign it to a suitable position in your template. Publish this module.
- Next, go to Components -> VirtueMart
- Click on Configuration
- In the Product Order Settings tab, make sure that in the Available Search Fields (the bottom area) that Product Name is ticked. Save.
- Go to the front end of your website and test out your new search. You should now be seeing product search results including images.