Photoshop CS5: How to Change the Colour Theme of an Image Really Easily
Well this was a nice little gem to stumble across today.
I needed to change the colour scheme of an image, whilst maintaining the integrity of the logo itself.
Here’s how to do it, in a laughably quick way:
1. Open your image in Photoshop.
2. Right click on the image layer that you want to change the colour of.
3. Click Color Overlay (and make sure the Color Overlay bar highlights).
4. Change the Blend Mode dropdown to Hue. Note: if Hue doesn’t work for you, try Color instead.
5. Click the little color box to pick your new colour, and see your image update dynamically.
6. When you’re done, click ok.
7. Save your new image.
8. Feel smug.